The golf course is now open to the public. All members and guests must follow the guidelines below. Please be assured that every precaution will be taken to ensure the safety of our members, guests & staff.
Here are the Updated Guidelines, Procedures & Precautions we must follow during this time:
· All public play must book through our website with our pre-paid online tee times
· Members must call the golf shop to schedule a tee time
· No groups larger than 4 players
· Unannounced entry to any part of the golf course will not be allowed
· Tee times can be made only 1 week in advance for public play
· The Clubhouse Restaurant is open Monday & Wednesday - Sunday with restrictions (closed on Tuesday). Please call (315)824-4420 for details. The driving range is closed.
· The golf shop will open with the following restrictions: no more than 8 customers in the golf shop at one time, face masks are mandatory unless you have a medical conditions preventing you from wearing one, customers must follow signage & maintain proper social distance (at least 6 feet)
· There will be no food or drink service on the course
· Carts will be allowed but limited to 1 rider per cart. If you live in the same household you are permitted to ride together.
· Push carts will be available for rent
· No cash or checks will be accepted at this time
· No club storage on premise
· Tee time intervals will be 13 minutes apart
· On course restrooms will be closed
· Ball washing stations are out of service
· All bunker rakes have been removed from the course (please play bunkers as waste areas)
· Flags may not be removed or handled
We thank you for your assistance in following these guidelines. Failure to follow these newly established guidelines may result in revocation of golf course membership or playing privileges. If we adhere to these guidelines under this special circumstance golf will continue to be a safe outdoor activity for our members to enjoy.
Stay Connected at Seven Oaks
Named for the ancestral home of the Colgate family, Seven Oaks Golf Club is nestled on the Colgate University Campus at the upper end of the Chenango Valley, in Hamilton, New York. In 1934, a young architect by the name of Robert Trent Jones was brought to Hamilton to begin work on designing the course as one of his first projects. Unfortunately, due to the great depression and WWII, the course and his plans were continuously postponed.
Jones was called back many times throughout the following years to redesign the course before a final version was accepted and it was not until 1956 that ground was broken on the first nine holes, officially opening on July 4th, 1958. Construction for the remainder of the course soon began and on September 4th, 1965 the last nine holes were opened for play.
Seven Oaks is characteristic of all Jones' courses, which include strategic deployment of water, along with extensive tee areas and large, expansive greens.